Friends of Big Bear Valley
is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Your kindhearted support allows us to be who we are.
BIG BEAR VALLEY is the 7th most Biologically Diverse place in the country!
Friends of Big Bear Valley’s goal is to maintain the
unspoiled beauty and unique environment
of this very special place.
We protect and preserve our amazing natural surroundings through environmental education and advocacy about its value and community benefit.
The 15-mile long Big Bear Valley, with its beautiful lake, sits inside the San Bernardino National Forest in Southern California.
Dive into our valley’s awesome nature:
- Irreplaceable, unique habitats: Some habitats exist only here in Big Bear Valley and each habitat hosts its own diverse species
- First in recorded history an active Bald Eagle nest in these mountains: Watch the nest on our live stream camera 24/7
- Plants that exist nowhere else in the world! Rare and amazing species, including many that exist only here
- Fascinating, watchable wildlife, including rare or endangered species: A wide variety of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and fish to observe and learn about, and even beautiful insects that exist nowhere else.
- Amazing outdoor adventures: Dozens of activities to enjoy in every season from kayaking, hiking, biking and birding to skiing, boating, climbing, zip-lining, horseback-riding and much more.
Check out our major accomplishments and ongoing projects:
- Ecotourism Coalition: Bringing together local nonprofits, businesses, government and individuals to understand and enjoy our unique natural surroundings
- Protecting our environment and environmental laws: Advocacy programs that encourage protection of our unique species and habitats and teach about our environmental laws
- Bald Eagle nest camera installed and maintained: Observing our wildlife in its natural habitat--Watch their nest 24/7—and teaching about our local eagles
- Teaching about Big Bear Valley’s Amazing Natural Surroundings: We’ve created lots of presentations to offer and educational materials about our amazing environment that you can download for your use.
The Friends of Big Bear Valley is a
nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization